Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas is over...

...and I'm rather glad. Not only will this mean a reduction of automotive traffic to more normal levels, it also means the end of the constant barrage of commercialized gunk we're bombarded with throughout the "holiday" season.

As a Christian, I think that the true meaning of Christmas, obviously, is Christ's arrival here on earth in human form. Somehow, we've strayed from that. It bothers me that we give each other presents on Jesus' birthday, while giving not much more than lip service to His birth. (I'll not claim innocence here, as I amassed around $180 in cash for my Gun Fund, in addition to gift certificates and other goodies. Were I to strictly practice my preaching and refuse all gifts, well, I shudder to think...)

Were we, as Christians, to spend on Jesus what we spend on others on His birthday, think of the good we could do and the lives we could touch for Him!
Matthew 25:40, NASB:
"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'"