Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm, like, umm, thirty.

Only one way to stop the birthdays from coming...and we're out of drain cleaner.

I turned thirty the other day.

I state this as fact. I'm not real proud of it (it's not due to any of my own accomplishments), but there it is. I guess I have to grow up, some, now. No, I won't stop enjoying fiery homemade explosions or bitter sarcasm or making "Yo' Mama" jokes with my white, moderately redneck friends. I DO, however, need to start cracking down on myself. Lots of little stuff can no longer be tolerated--I talk a bit like a redneck, don't enunciate proper-like. I don't manage my time very well--spend too much time reading Vox and Bane and Nate and Bill and Claire and Digg and Slashdot.

But I guess it's time to change. I have a kid on the way (October), and she'll need stuff. Diapers and shoes and tricycles and math books and gas money and a wedding (I'm only paying for one of those). I need to buckle down; I will buckle down and spend my time more wisely. I want to be self-employed, working mostly from home, so I can be here when the little tyke(s) start(s) walking and talking and playing the violin. (We WILL be home schooling.)

So any advice or links anyone feels led to share, feel free to do so in the comments.