Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Quitting the Gov't Job

(No, not ME...I wouldn't last two weeks at a gov't job.)

I really wish more people had the guts to do this, but alas, the temptation of undeserved wages and bloated benefits packages is too much for most people...

From Gerald Montgomery at http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2006/tle373-20060625-04.html:
On May 19th, I did the best thing I could do for the people of America right now: I quit my $42K a year government job. I contacted the Social Security Administration and told them I want to FORFEIT my benefits. Unconditionally. Period. And I will not complete a 20 year tour of service with the U.S. Army National Guard so I'm slamming the door on that government check as well.

I'm asking all government employees to quit. You're all a bunch of parasites. You produce nothing tangible in terms of wealth, in terms of goods and services that people actually WANT. You feed off the blood, sweat, and wealth of hard-working Americans. You produce nothing while sucking the life out of the producers that actually keep the economy up and running.

Albert J. Nock pointed out with great lucidity: "It is unfortunately none too well understood that, just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own. All the power it has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another; there is no other source from which State power can be drawn."

(Found at Claire Wolfe's blog.)